Trackline Open Opportunities Search for your next career move
Shipyard Structural Superintendent
Seeking an experienced shipyard professional with a background in understanding and managing Steel Structural Projects for Naval vessels. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing company, focused on safety and teamwork.
Here are some details of the role below
• Manage multiple work sites consisting of approximately 150 team members (fitters, welders, and firewatches)
and their supervision covering two shifts.
• Manage and maintain all structural operations in yard and offsite.
• Strong planning and foresight of structural operations in order to establish goals and ensure the staff is ready
and aware of the expectations
• Can lay out complex structural items such as compound rolls and shapes and be able to perform difficult
cutting and washing scenarios.
• Must have knowledge of ABS, USCG, and Mil STD guidelines/codes of work/ workmanship requirements.
• Must possess extensive welding knowledge – process, joint design, joint preparations, and productivity of all.
• Knowledge and use of semiautomatic equipment. CNC Rolls, Press Brakes, Modular cutting & welding
devices, and the use of laser alignment or leveling tools.
• Understand and perform all Hot Work processes on Navy vessels – what it requires, how to properly assign
the right staff, and how to execute the paperwork and physical work in a productive and safe manner.
• Be able to perform and train supervision on proper turn overs, plan of the day, and other important operational
planning tools to execute work correctly.
• VT level 2 certification and applications is a must.
• Must be able to acquire badging at all government and commercial facilities.
Prefer to have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the Structural field to include hands on, supervision, and
• Technical training preferred – AutoCAD, Lean Manufacturing, etc…
• Knowledge of welder and welding safety standards
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Strong speaking, writing, and listening skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage Multiple LMS’s (Supervisors) over various tasks and Projects.
o welding and cutting processes
o productivity and performance
o welding symbols and technical drawings
o welding economics
o materials and their weldability characteristics
o welding safety standards
o Fitting and Shipfitting Standards and Practices